Membership of the TSCA will provide your school with the following:
• Professional Development for your school canteen manager, canteen volunteers and teaching staff. In particular, we will be able to tailor professional development that supports the Australian Curriculum for Health and Physical Education due to begin its roll out this year,
• Support and current relevant resources on; nutrition, food safety, classroom activities, community linkages, approved food suppliers and school community policy through a variety of mediums,
• Training, networking, resources and audits for the effective management of a school canteen, including financial viability,
• Opportunity to nominate for the TSCA annual Canteen Awards
• Newsletters providing the latest ideas on canteen operation and suitable canteen menus
• Assistance in meeting the “limit occasional foods” criteria (icon), if you are participating in the Move Well Eat Well program.
• Some great canteen recipes that meet Green or Amber rating.
Membership of the TSCA will provide your organisation with the following:
• Direct access to schools throughout Tasmania
• The opportunity to feature your products in our Product Guide each year
• Help you develop your products in accordance to the changes in the market trends.
• Aid in informing how products are assessed in accordance to the National Healthy School Canteen Guidelines.
• A chance to display your products at the TSCA EXPO every 2 years.
• Possible feature in the TSCA newsletter.
If you are interested in becoming an individual member of the TSCA we can offer access to our resources and expertise. Our Project Officers are on hand to offer advice and answer any questions you might have regarding your school canteen. You will also have access to the member only section of the website.